Friday, July 26, 2013

Inspire Lovely Studio Tour



Hello Lovelies! I wanted to first thank those of you who took the time to leave a little encouragement in my last post. Its truly a life lesson i wasn't sure I should share publicly but so thankful I did as some were able to identify & feel encouraged. And that is always worth opening up to :)

I have been working all month sprucing up the studio and then i realized it's been almost 2 years since I last shared here. A lot has changed stylistically and I wanted to share some decorating happiness going on in my corner of the world. :)



A few weeks ago i was organizing my decoration box and realized i have lots of hanging decorations. That weren't hanging. Anywhere. just tucked away in a box. I love using the pin wheels for decorating our vendor booth but since we won't be doing one for a while I figured these guys are way to cute to leave tucked away in a box right?!



So up they went above my desk work space. I LOVE how stinkin huge they are. I also love the texture it gives the wall with white on white loveliness. I added a cute little frayed ribbon I used as a quick garland. The butterfly garland was another thing tucked away in the decoration box. so pretty floating above the desk now :) I had purchased the vintage floral & bird at a local thrift store ( sadly I didn't have enough to buy the pair but this little cutie came home with me) and I had found in the box too, you know waiting for the perfect corner of our home. When I showed the mister he said his grandmother had once probably owned something like it. He's so good with compliments. Love that guy. I love grandmas and I love this sweet bird. So it's perfect. Up on the wall it went ;) No more waiting in a box for the perfect corner, time or idea. Just get it up somewhere. Make it lovely :)



I LOVE the drawer underneath the desk. It's the most beautiful thing. Mr.Handsome took us on our first family vacation to Santa Barbara a few years back right after we had little r. We went for a stroll and found the farmers market. We wandered a bit and then came upon a beautiful shop tucked away with imported goods from India. i can't even begin to tell you how inspiring this little shop was. I couldn't pick just ONE thing to buy. I kept telling Mr.Handsome that i had to have everything. And that (jokingly) he forgot to get be a push present. ( you know for giving birth to our handsome little son, the most precious thing in this world.) So I came home with the yellow drawer :) This girl doesn't need diamonds. Just a shopping trip ;) jk. I'll take diamonds too.


the yellow drawers got me thinking yellow and this is where it came through. When I had this project in my mind it made me soooooo nervous. I grew up in a home never having painted a wall any other color except white. I remember thinking, eh, kinda boring. I always wanted to add a splash of color but was never really afforded the chance. When the mister and i  married and purchased our wee home i told him it would be nice to add color to our walls and he agreed. one of the many reasons i love him. He thought the idea of painting the door was awesome as long as i wasn't painting it every week. lol! I started this project literally 2 years ago and just finished it this month. That's how nervous i was lol!  And now that i get to enjoy it everyday i don't even know why it took me so long to finish it?! About a year ago I almost painted over the whole thing back to white! So happy I didn't. i love the bright cheery pop of color. It was so worth it :) It was a super ugly plain door to begin with & needed some paint goodness. It's not too distracting because you have to be inside the studio to even see it. Although i don't mind if all our doors ended up with a bit of color & stencil love. I think that would be so awesome :)  So lesson learned, don't hold back on an idea you have, just go go go do it!


sigh* the yarn in this closet makes me want to yarn bomb something. anything. everything.
A frequent question I get asked is where i bought the drawer unit on coasters. Its from IKEA and possibly the best storage in my book I bought 2 :) love it.


this corner now reflects a bit of washi tape love & sewing fabric freshly laundered and waiting to be made into pillows. I need to find cheaper hobbies. hahaaa! I've such a hard time using any tape since i feel like it has to be worthy of a good project :) So far i love using it to wrap Inspire Lovely shop goodness. even though its so simply on display it makes me happy looking into this corner. Love the welcome pops of color. swoon xoxo


And you've seen this little corner already but I wanted to share my $5 find, i found the drawer unit at my local thrift store and i love it. it's actually made out of thick cardboard and super lightweight. Sadly i can't change the knobs on this :( bummer right? I was going to go crazy with this :) I love changing this corner up almost on a weekly basis. i consider this an inspiration board of sorts and love the challenge of changing it up. This week i was really channelling succulents & a cute toy that little r kept leaving in the studio. It's funny that this time last year this place was crammed with a playpen and little r would play and watch me get orders together in the studio. Or he'd be swinging in his little swing in this corner. awww.... my baby isn't a baby anymore. sniff. sniff.


well now we're back around to the end of the studio tour, ( this wall is located opposite to the inspiration wall above) the best & most awesome piece in here. The cubby storage unit made from 2 separate thrifted pieces. I think we ended up paying $75 total. It was an awesome day thrifting. and even better since its one of those thrift stores i don't considered my fav since i never really found great things at. but something kept telling me to go. and i did. i was actually looking for things only for little r's nursery! lol! little did i know that i was going to find this beauty. And thankfully for a good deal :)


i love that she's got some wear on her. i'm 2 knobs shy of actually replacing all the old knobs. with the help of birthday gift cards & gifts over the last 4 years i've added charming knobs to this quirky piece. 

good times, i think i might have to celebrate once i do find the last 2 knobs for this piece. Have a knob party, um yes!?  hahaa!

So there you go, this is where work and play mix with life of a mama & her little cutie patootie kid. xo


Now that the studio is clean i updated the shop with a sale! We need to make room for more loveliness so please enjoy 25% off your order now until next friday. ** Each order will receive a free set of 48 heart stickers ** xo just because we love ya ;)

I hope you enjoy a beautiful Friday and a great start to your weekend!
xo
-d

ps: if you have any studio questions i will answer them in the comments section :) *xo

22 comments:

FojAga said...

Beautiful space!

Emily said...

Such a colorful, inspiring space to work! I love the way you store your yarn, it reminds me of a yarn shop. You have beautiful displays and collections!

Heather said...

Oh I LOVE the butterflies in the first pic.

Tania @ Petit Pixel Design said...

Maybe you could put little bunches of fun fabric over the drawer handles that can't be replaced...tie with a ribbon? I haven't seen it done but it just came to mind as I was reading :)

Gorgeous studio...I agree re: the ikea drawers, I have one set already and am eyeing off a second!

Lisa Joy said...

Your space is just gorgeous and truly inspirational! I already needed to re-organize my office/craft studio/playroom, but now you're making me want to paint it white! (FYI: I've never painted a room white in my whole life.)

I love your Etsy shop too and in the future I'd love to open my own, so I'm wondering...where do you keep all the products and packaging/shipping materials for your shop??

Lisa Frank :)
pinterest.com/ljfrank

Jossie Posie said...

Love your space! So bright & pretty!

Cara-Mia said...

Ah I love this! What a gorgeous colorful space!

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Thank you FojAga! So very kind of you for stopping by :)
xo
-d

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Hi Emily :) thank you! Mr handsome always reminds me of my yarn corner everytime I stop off at the yarn shop to admire or even think about buying one more skein :) lol! Thanks again lovely!
Xo
D

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Thank you Heather! I have a tutorial in the works for the pretty butterflies, so stay tuned ;) xo
-d

Unknown said...

I love your space - it screams fresh and fun.

would share where you found the ribbon baskets?

thanks!

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Thank you so much Tania @ Petit Pixel Design I think i might try it! I've got plenty of fabric :) I also might paint the whole darn thing. Who knows :) Mr.Handsome was looking at the drawer knobs and said he could pull the off ! I think I might need some more knobs ---oh oh! lol! Thanks for the studio love! xo
-d

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Hi Lisa!
What? no white walls ever? I guess because my family rented for the longest time and didn't want to have to paint over everything :)

I will have to show a "what's in the drawer" post with pictures of the insides of the drawers. They pretty much all live in the big cubby/armoire. The excess items all live in our separate storage in color coded storage bins. It is hard to manage all the extra shipping items especially when have a huge bulk of everything. But I keep what I need on hand with at least a few extra and then the rest is in our storage. when i run out of anything i just hop over to our storage for it. I prefer things this way rather than having to shove big ugly shipping materials into my studio. it's not inspiring to look at :)

Good luck with your shop lovely!
-d


Frank :)
pinterest.com/ljfrank

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Hi and thank you Jossie!
:)
xo
-d

Hi Cara-Mia! Thank you so much!
kindly,
-d

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

Hi Dana :)
I found the baskets at world market. They actually are a part of a long piece of wood with built in cubbies the size of the baskets. 4 baskets came with the piece. I loved them more in this white space than on our media table in our living room so i'm borrowing them for a while :) Pretty cool huh? i love world market :) happy shopping lovely!
kindly,
-d

moline said...

Whenever I see your room I want to have a makeover in my craft space! Yours is so cheerful and lovely and reflects your work so well. Thank you for letting us know how you put it all together. And I love to hear the little stories behind the pieces as well!
Have a lovely and inspiring day!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place! Seeing this I want to recreate my space in this cheery and colourful way! I love how you are telling the little stories behind the pieces. I so want to redo my place now and forget the world and just roam through my belongings and sort and craft....
Yvonne

Unknown said...

excelente espacio éxitos saludos desde Guayaquil-Ecuador

Amina said...

i love your study!!!

Amina

Sam said...

Hi Debee,

I am loving your room! I am in the midst of putting up my craft room too. just wondering how do you adhere those paper pom pom and stuff on the wall? and banners / garlands too? i want to washi tape them all but guess it might fall off anytime! please advise what are the adhesive you use? Xo

Sam

Sam said...

and love your yarns too!

Jamlol said...

love your space and all your drawer units i love fun drawer units and w